As of late Friday afternoon, October 8th, we believe we have released a fix for the root cause of the issues customers were experiencing while syncing, merging, and committing. We're monitoring the situation and continuing to keep an eye out for additional reports or a spike in related errors.
If you experienced sync issues during this incident, but you did not attempt to merge a branch, the current workaround is to Force Push the branch from the Development menu
If you attempted to merge a branch during this incident and your branch is now merged or archived, but not synced to the web app as expected, the current workaround is to:
1. Open the Abstract desktop app.
2. Select the project with the branch you’d like to archive / delete.
3. Select Branches from the left side pane.
4. Select the Archived tab to view the archived branches in the project.
5. Use the search bar, author filter, or scroll to locate the branch that may have been archived
6. Click the ... menu at the far right side of the branch name.
7. Either select "New Child Branch..." or "Export files"
a. If you selected "New Child Branch...":
1. Name your branch
2. Merge your branch into Master, or continue work on that branch
b. If you selected "Export files":
1. Choose a location to export all of the project files from that branch
2. Create a new Branch
3. Re-Add your files to the project
on your newly created Branch